Travel Tips – Chikmagalur
Chikmagalur, a picturesque place in Karnataka situated on the foothills of Mullayanagiri range. This amazing hill station is well stocked with thrilling and awe-inspiring sights. It is at the distance of just 250 km from Bangalore. This location also has juxtaposition of vibrant biodiversity and spectacular ambience but before you travel to this place there are some interesting tips for you to consider like:
- Drive slowly and safely in Ghats and curves.
- Offbeat roads and tracks with breath taking scenery and away from Madding crowd can be only explored via 4×4 Jeep or SUV.
- Ask multiple locals repeatedly the route as you may miss the route.
- Carry enough cash as there are No ATMS other than towns.
- Only BSNL available in most places and other network are bad.
- If you are looking at cheaper accommodation, it is available for backpackers in Chikmagalur town.
Spices, Cardamom, Honey, Coffee, Tea, Wine, Pickles, Oranges etc are few things which you can shop at this place
TIPS FOR WILDLIFE SAFARI
Try early morning safari or late afternoon safaris to spot wildlife, however lunch should be on your side. Avoid late morning and afternoon safaris.
TIPS FOR TRAVELLERS
During peak season (Christmas, New Year and other long weekends) avoid Mullayanagiri and Bababudangiri as the roads leading to these places suffers huge traffic during the festive season.
TIPS TO SAVE MONEY ON TRAVEL
If you are travelling from Bangalore take an early morning 6 am Janshatabdi Hubli express from Bangalore Majestic junction or Yeshwanthpur junction and get down near Birur Junction at 9.15 AM, every 5 minutes you have bus to Chikmagalur which is 50 Min from Birur Junction. Take a KSRTC Volvo – Overnight or Morning Volvo. You can also take zoom SUV if the group size is 4-6, But please take Zoom SUV with ground clearance as the offbeat roads and short cut roads are bad.